1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cover letter required for head of maths position

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by adampower, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Hi All
    I am applying for a position of head of department in maths and needed a platform to start my cover letter. Does any one have a copy of their cover letter for me to use as a guide. I would really appreciate it. My email is adampower@gmail.com
    Thanks

2. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

3. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

You're applying for Head of Department and you don't know how to structure a cover letter applying for the role. Are you sure you are ready for promotion?
    The cover letter is to express your interest in the role, introduce your application and mention your key skills and attributes that you feel that you can bring to the school and the department itself.
    You want the job right?- you've got to write it yourself, not just use someone else's letter and make modifications.
    It's not going to work like that.
    Not being negative, I'm being constructive.

jarndyce, wanet and strawbs like this.
  4. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

I agree. If you cannot write a cover letter on your own for a middle leadership role, you aren't ready for the job.