1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coursework guidlines for Edexcel GCSE

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Henry8th, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Hi all, I am having a little trouble just trying to get my head around exactly what Edexcel want my students to do for the Unit 1 coursework. This is my 7th year teaching the Edexcel course (I had a brief one year stint with AQA) and it seems it is still the coursework element that happens to be the where students are loosing marks in the new spec. Under the old spec my coursework was considered outstanding, now despite consultation, ripped and stripped exemplars I still seem to missing that ever illusive A/A* for some of my students in the written element.
    If anyone has any exemplars or even coursework guidelines they have used and would be willing to share that would be great. I have "asked the expert" gone on all the courses and I want to make sure the written work this year is such that the kids aren't disadvantaged in anyway. I would be willing to trade SOW etc or any documents people might want in exchange, I have been in the game 8 years so might have a few things of use lying around,
    Many Thanks in advance.

2. Hi all, I am having a little trouble just trying to get my head around exactly what Edexcel want my students to do for the Unit 1 coursework. This is my 7th year teaching the Edexcel course (I had a brief one year stint with AQA) and it seems it is still the coursework element that happens to be the where students are loosing marks in the new spec. Under the old spec my coursework was considered outstanding, now despite consultation, ripped and stripped exemplars I still seem to missing that ever illusive A/A* for some of my students in the written element.
    If anyone has any exemplars or even coursework guidelines they have used and would be willing to share that would be great. I have "asked the expert" gone on all the courses and I want to make sure the written work this year is such that the kids aren't disadvantaged in anyway. I would be willing to trade SOW etc or any documents people might want in exchange, I have been in the game 8 years so might have a few things of use lying around,
    Many Thanks in advance.

3. Hi Henry8th
    PM me with your email address as I've got some top band examples of unit 1 work from last year.
    Nicky

4. Ooh, could I also have a copy? How do I PM you?
    Thanks
    Lesley

5. I think you click on my name......and it gives you an option (?)
    Either that or email me on nwyllie@hotmail.co.uk.
    Cheers
    Nicky

6. matthewcoe

matthewcoe New commenter

I posted some Writing frames and Coursework Guidance in the Resources section for Drama in the TES website. Hope they're useful!
    Matt