1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Courses in illustrator / 2D design?

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by fancypencils, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Hi!
    I am thinking of running some courses to show how you can use Adobe illustrator alongside 2D design to enhance kids outcomes and improve overall results. The thing thats putting me off is the fact that most schools are cutting back on traing and CPD....... Is anyone interested in this kind of training...how much would schools pay? Anybody doing anything similar?
    Thanks FP

2. I personally dont know of many schools using illustrator, but there are a number of options. 1. Offer to do training in schools. 2. After school sessions at a reduced price 3. Saturday courses which seem to be working well for art and design teachers but not so well for DT teachers. An average training day would be between £300-£500 if you can get it.

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Would participants leave with any kind of ACA 'award'? I'm doing my ACE at the moment with the hope of becoming an ACI to do something similar. x

4. ACA? ACE? ACI? Sorry you've lost me.......what courses are those?
    Thanks!

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

6. I would get intouch with TechSoft, they always put on a decent seminar at the D&T show in Nov.