1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Courses for outstanding English lesson

Discussion in 'English' started by leadlearner, Mar 28, 2012.

1. leadlearner

leadlearner New commenter

Blimey changed your lives?! Was it bespoke?

2. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

Get yourself to NATE conference. That's the best training there is, and you can pick things that you want to do rather than following one route at the same time as knowing that it's going to be really high quality.

3. sianna

sianna New commenter

NATE are good too - if you can get to London.
    The Osiris course was custom made for us and they came to us. We talked to the presenter beforehand, told her what we needed and she arrived with the most amazing package of lesson resources, teaching ideas, whole schemes of work (with lesson plans and resources), assessment ideas ... the complete works, all focussing on what we told her we needed.
    She presented her ideas to the department (10 of us) and helped us hugely. We did what she said, used/adapted her materials and our results the following year were excellent. Goodness knows how long it took to prepare all that material but it saved us loads of time and all her ideas were fantastic. We're going to invite her back in the summer term to help us to prepare for our new sixth form (in the hope/knowledge that she will do all preparation for us).
    It was more expensive than if just one of us had gone on a course but as it benefitted 10 of us and we didn't have to travel it was a bargain.

4. I'd also recommend anything by EMC. All the ones that I've been to have just been amazing.

5. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

National conference is in York this year.

6. sianna

sianna New commenter

Great! (I'm in Cornwall!)