1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coursebook

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by PARTALOA, Jan 3, 2012.

1. PARTALOA

PARTALOA New commenter

I'm looking at teaching Spanish for age range 5-11. Can anyone recommend a good coursebook that will encompass all these age ranges. I looked at Mira on Amazon but I'm not sure if this will be suitable for the younger children. Any ideas would be useful.

2. PARTALOA

PARTALOA New commenter

I'm looking at teaching Spanish for age range 5-11. Can anyone recommend a good coursebook that will encompass all these age ranges. I looked at Mira on Amazon but I'm not sure if this will be suitable for the younger children. Any ideas would be useful.

3. PARTALOA

PARTALOA New commenter

Thanks this looks like value for money. The 2 reviews sound promising. Have you used these books?

4. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

No, I don't use a text book for KS2 due to budgetary restraints. My scheme of work and resources are here http://www.sunderlandschools.org/mfl-sunderland/resources-pr-sp.htm I do have a copy of the 1st pupil's book of Colega, though, and like the look of it.

5. PARTALOA

PARTALOA New commenter

Thanks, just had a look at all the resources on the edesel website. I like the idea of the printable worksheets etc. I use the sunderland school website, it's fab. I used a lot of their resources for teaching adults. As I am from Sunderland it was a big help during my teaching degree when I ran out of ideas and time. I am setting up Spanish classes in my local community and this book plus the sunderland resources are ideal. I was going to buy a franchise with a language company but I think this colega book will fit the bill. Thanks for your suggestion. Angela

6. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

I'm glad you have found the resources useful.

Are you still in the north east?