1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Course

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by copycat, Mar 5, 2011.

1. copycat

copycat New commenter

I have been asked to attend a course for a full day which is about 60 miles from home. I am happy to do this but just wondered whether I was entitled to claim for my petrol as it will be quite expensive and myself and OH are on a low income.

I also usually work 2.5 hours a day so obviously will be doing much more hours and have had to ask OH to take a day off work to do the school runs.
    I just wondered what others do in this situation . I don't want to ask for money and then feel embarrassed.
    This is quite a new job for me, in previous schools I have been offered time off in leau (sp?) but have never had to travel so far.

2. copycat

copycat New commenter

I have been asked to attend a course for a full day which is about 60 miles from home. I am happy to do this but just wondered whether I was entitled to claim for my petrol as it will be quite expensive and myself and OH are on a low income.

I also usually work 2.5 hours a day so obviously will be doing much more hours and have had to ask OH to take a day off work to do the school runs.
    I just wondered what others do in this situation . I don't want to ask for money and then feel embarrassed.
    This is quite a new job for me, in previous schools I have been offered time off in leau (sp?) but have never had to travel so far.

3. There is usually provision for travel expenses to be paid which should be clearly laid out and written down in school handbook.Might be worth asking colleagues about what they have done about travel expemnses before wading in to HT though!