1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Course says no vacancies on GTTR website?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by jem88, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hi
    My first choice messed me about offereing me a place on Thursday then taking it away in Monday because all their defered students wanted the places so no new students this year could have a place.
    On Monday I quickly put a second choice and this has been sent off then when I checked the GTTR website on Tuesday this course now says no vacancies.
    Should I withdraw my application or wait for them to come back to me and say its full? I dont want to waste time if there is no places if my application could be sent somewhere else. Im just desbrate to get in anywhere now,
    Anyone know whats the best thing to do?
    Thanks

2. Hi
    My first choice messed me about offereing me a place on Thursday then taking it away in Monday because all their defered students wanted the places so no new students this year could have a place.
    On Monday I quickly put a second choice and this has been sent off then when I checked the GTTR website on Tuesday this course now says no vacancies.
    Should I withdraw my application or wait for them to come back to me and say its full? I dont want to waste time if there is no places if my application could be sent somewhere else. Im just desbrate to get in anywhere now,
    Anyone know whats the best thing to do?
    Thanks

3. If I were you i would call the provider who you listed as your second choice.

Firstly, confirm with them that they have received your application.
    Secondly, enquire about the status of "no vacancies" on GTTR and ask if they are considering your applicaion.

If you application is still showing that they have it and either they don't have it, or are not considering it, you then need to contact GTTR to request that it be sent to your third choice.

Good luck.

4. I'm assuming this a PGCE course, are these deferred students that applied last year?

I was under the impression that one couldn't defer a PGCE, all sounds a bit odd to me.

5. Deferral is at the discretion of training providers. Usually you need a good reason for it, such as illness or pregnancy, but provided they accept you for deferral, there is a good chance you will be offered a place for next year's entry (no guarantee though, if the course no longer runs, for example).