1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Course on a Saturday

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jmknjpc, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Does anyone know what happens if you are mad enough to choose to go on a course on a saturday. Do you put a supply form in and get paid or are you entitled to time off instead?
    Many thanks

2. Does anyone know what happens if you are mad enough to choose to go on a course on a saturday. Do you put a supply form in and get paid or are you entitled to time off instead?
    Many thanks

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I think I've only done this a few times and have done nothing at all about pay or time back. On both occasions the course seemed worth the loss of a weekend day.

Can't see me getting a day off to go to a TES course about applying for a different job either! LOL

4. Thank you minnie minx!!!

5. greta444

greta444 New commenter

I used to do some courses on a Saturday, mostly when there were useful certificates to be gained for getting a better job. I never got paid or claimed.
    I don't do it anymore, my weekends are too important. Likewise if sports competition onfo comes to school where the comp is on a Saturday, it goes straight in the bin. I don't work on Saturdays!