1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Course and Level Advice needed please

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by gniklrac, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Hi All,
    I was wondering if people could give me some advice on a quandary I find myself in.
    I have been exploring teaching for a while – and finally decided to take the plunge. I have done my experience and been accepted on a Primary SCITT course starting September.
    <font size="3" face="Calibri">Whilst applying I started work as a Maths TA, but in a secondary school. Through this, I have been offered to undertake a GTP, if I can find a provider. The School has recently come out of special measures and is in a very challenging area. I have spoken to a few colleagues about undertaking a GTP and some have advised against it &ndash; rumour has it that some of the local universities will not send GTP students to the school after prior experience. </font> <font size="3" face="Calibri">The has left me pondering my options. I did/do have my heart set on teaching primary (KS2), but I have enjoyed working with KS3 &ndash; the problem is I have found KS4 extremely challenging. </font> <font size="3" face="Calibri">I have been wondering what would happen if I did undertake the Primary course or GTP and then decided to switch later on in my career? Is it possible?</font> <font size="3" face="Calibri">Does anyone have any advice on how I should approach my decision? Any opinions would be appreciated.</font> Thanks