1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Courage assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by squashed squirrel, May 21, 2007.

1. Help!
    Any ideas for an assembly on courage for tomorrow? I normally manage to get some inspiration, but I think I packaged it up with the SATs papers!!
    btw for ages 5-11

2. Help!
    Any ideas for an assembly on courage for tomorrow? I normally manage to get some inspiration, but I think I packaged it up with the SATs papers!!
    btw for ages 5-11

3. I did this today by telling the story of the soldier the scientist and the sausage!!

basically the solider thinks that everything can be solved by fighting and at a party where the scientist upsets him he challenges the scientist to a duel. the scientist chooses weapons- a sausage! he has 2 on a plate and one is poisoned but he wont tell which one the soldier is not brave enough to try it, the moral of the story is that being brave isnt always about being the person who fights back and being clever is just as brave

or something like that !

4. Thanks!
    I think another teacher did this in our school last year! I wonder if the kids will remember?

5. You might wish to do a small roleplay on the courage it takes not to follow the crowd when they go out to hurt another....

Harry Potter film (I think the second one) Dumbledore said it takes great courage to do the things that Potter and friends did, but even greater courage to stand up to your friends.

Here's a good site to look at:

http://www.assemblies.org.uk/standing/s_david.html