1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

County supply pay M1?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by teacher_1186, Jun 28, 2012.

1. teacher_1186

teacher_1186 New commenter

Is this a how long is a piece of string question? Just trying to work out what I could earn if I got some work! Thanks for reading x

2. Depends in many things. LEA work pays to scale but agencies have flat rates which seem to. Ary between £80-140 per day depending on location with £100 being an average. Agencies don't seem to differentiate pay in how far up the pay scale you are. I was in my last school being paid the same as an NQT and I have been teaching 13 years. Ring round the agencies and ask what their rates are, they may or may not tell you though unless you register with them.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

M1 = c.£110 a day if paid to scale. Agency rate could be more or less than that.

4. i have over 35 years experience but only get £120 a day through the agency. If you get paid anywhere near to scale you'll be very fortunate.