1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Countries/Schools with holidays in June

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Syria1, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

Major issues with airports according to a review a while back in the Economist. Agree with Gulfgolf on the advice. No top tier school will offer a contract. Your best bet is maternity cover, but very many schools (ours included) now use a local hire for that (or cover internally). Slim pickings at best I reckon.

2. Thanks SMT. Tbh, I'd be absolutely shocked if Ireland made it there, based on our group. But if we were to wait for a WC we maed it to, we could be waiting a long time!
    So, we'll probably base ourselves in one spotfor it and just enjoy whatever games are there.
    Thanks a million, I was thinking that alright but the pickings seem to be slim. Rarely see jobs advertised for there. Will check out your link.
    I'm certain we'll miss Thailand, it's an incredible place and I'm certain we'll be back at some stage. We certainly set the bar high with our first country!

3. Yeah, I guessed as much. I think we'll probably stick with the ESL teaching in Korea, the year is March-March and it's decent money.
    Thanks for the tips.