1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Counting down the days...

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by SUgar1, Jun 20, 2011.

1. I have 44 days left until I leave the country and although on the whole time is flying by each day seems to drag on...I cannot wait to leave!

2. I have 44 days left until I leave the country and although on the whole time is flying by each day seems to drag on...I cannot wait to leave!

3. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

Which country are you heading towards?

4. Jaupua

Jaupua New commenter

45 days for me! Not that I'm counting.

5. My husband and I are going to China. I cannot wait!!

6. 19 days for me.

7. 61 days
    3 hrs
    28 mins
    Not that I am counting

8. squeakyhaggis

squeakyhaggis New commenter

59 days until I start my journey

9. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

53 days until I leave the country. 41 days until I leave my flat and start kipping at friends' houses. 24 working days but as no-one counts the last day of school, 23 days. Also, due to most of the staff striking, my class won't be in for one day so I have 22 days. If I really want to get picky, the other four Fridays of Swimming (outside agency), guided reading, music (outside agency), circle time and golden time don't really count either. I could get it down to 18 if I really think about it.

Shame every day feels like two.

Tried to fit as much as a I can into my duffle bag at the weekend. I need one more bag I think. I'm trying to just take excess luggage.

We're nearly there!

10. 43 days and I can't wait!

11. ..... love it, this is <u>exactly </u>how I feel too! [​IMG]

53 days as well [​IMG]

12. 43 days, however with all the things I have to do before I go, it seems the days are racing by rather than dragging and my list of things to do is growing, not shrinking...

13. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Funny that. I've just got back to Northern England - great to be home. A good rest needed before I head off again, though an interview in the morning could scupper that whole plan.

14. Good luck in your interview today! I hope it goes well. Is it for a job internationally or in the UK?

15. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

I've been abroad for the last 7 years and enjoy the experience, and weather, far more than at home. Oddly, I find it easier to secure overseas employment too, with local schools limited by budgets and keener to employ cheaper NQT's than my expensive self.
    Thanks for your thoughts regarding today. Let us see what they have to say for themselves.

16. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

Hi Loops, I'm off to Beijing and can't wait. Just realised...I can knock PPA off of the total too! Where are you off to? How is the prep going?

17. 42 days till Thailand for me!

Sending some stuff off there tomorrow via sea-freight. £150 for 3 items, about 50kg in all.

Cheap as chips!

18. How did it go today?

19. ooh Benny pretty please could you pm me the details of that - sounds good!!!

20. Thailand, so looking forward to it. Yey! 'nother day to knock off with the strike! Prep is huge and a bit like swimming through custard. Getting there tho I think.....