1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Could you teach about dementia in your school?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by sahdiap, Nov 28, 2019.

1. sahdiap

sahdiap New commenter

Hello everyone,

I am a researcher from University of Bradford and i'm interested in finding out what the barriers and facilitators may be for teachers to deliver a dementia awareness workshop in their school. I was wondering if you could please take 5 minutes out of your busy days and complete a short survey?
    The link will take you directly to the survey and the home screen will explain more about the research project and why we're doing it. Unfortunately this survey is only open to teachers in the UK. Both primary and secondary school teachers are eligible to participate.

https://bradford.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/dementia-education-in-schools

Thanks for your help, its very much appreciated!

Sahdia

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

As I have pointed out on your other thread

I will complete your survey, but can i say before I do so, trying to deliver 'education' about dementia will be incredibly difficult. Awareness of it certainly. But the myriad of symptoms that may be indicative could cause more difficulty.

As someone who has watched 4 relatives and many people with dementia in the Homes they ended up in, as they say, 'When you've met one person with dementia, you have met just one person with dementia.' Variations are individual and infinite.

3. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

it has no place in an already heavliy overloaded curriculum