1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Could this apply for Teachers

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by heldon, Dec 21, 2018.

1. heldon

heldon Occasional commenter

2. micgbanks

micgbanks Occasional commenter

Fire fighters are classed as essential workers and as such their rights to industrial action is curtailed. Teachers have already gone to the high court and list as far as I'm aware. Maybe this give important grounds for another legal challenge. Pensions is a smoking gun for teachers and all of the unions haven't done enough to resist the changes. It's as good a cause for strikes as pay. The SG could have taken action to mitigate against the changes but chose not to.

Maybe this judgement will set the teachers union on a path of action otherwise young teachers now who stay in teaching until retirement. will be teachers dieing in service and the ones who retire at 60 will be in genuine financial hardship. Time for the teaching unions to act...... not just moan about it!

3. OwerAuld

OwerAuld Occasional commenter

4. heldon

heldon Occasional commenter

Yep, judges as well

5. sbf

sbf New commenter

I’m still so livid about the whole pension thing I still don’t want to talk about.

6. micgbanks

micgbanks Occasional commenter

If the tories get another run in parlement everybodies pension will be raided.