1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Could someone please remind me?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by kibosh, Aug 17, 2011.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Help!
    My brain has turned to mush over the hols and for the life of me I am struggling to remember the types of questions asked at interview (secondary, classroom teacher).
    I'm sure there are many folk out there who have been interviewed fairly recently. Reminders please?
    Thank you in advance.

2. davieee

davieee Occasional commenter

how would you raise attainment

what are your particular strengths / why you for the vacancy

there is usually a scenario question such as there is a particular pupil / class who do not perform well. what would you do to change / improve this.

what key areas would you consider when planning a lesson / unit of work

there will be a question regarding CfE possibly about linking with other subject areas therefore being able to demonstrate an ability to work with others.

hope this helps

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It does, thank you.

4. Something about assessment and reporting in light of BTC5. How you include your responsibility for Literacy/Numeracy/HWB in your lessons. Pupil motivation?

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Eeek! Is this the whole consolidating, developing and secure stuff?
    [​IMG]Yes. I'd forgotten about that one.
    Thanks, airy.

6. Partly, but more about the nature of assessments (fewer summative and more AiFL stuff which sets targets and gets pupils to assess their own progress and next steps) and how we communicate progress to parents given that their child will be "Level 3" possibly from P7 to S3. Remember, progression through a level isn't just about knowing more but being able to use skills and knowledge more independently and in unfamiliar contexts - to assess a pupil you have to look at the breadth of work rather than just one piece and think about how confident the pupil is in applying what you've taught in a different context.

7. And I hope I'm not being presumptuous in wishing you the very best of luck!

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Thanks, airy. [​IMG]