1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Could someone please explain SQA assessment criteria to me?

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by bstl, Feb 15, 2016.

1. bstl

bstl New commenter

Hi all,

I'm relatively unfamiliar with the mechanics of SQA examinations, and am trying to find out what the assessment criteria for National 5, Higher, and Advanced Higher Drama & English Literature are.

I'm currently trying to seek out as close an equivalent as possible to the Assessment Objectives (AOs) used here in England and was hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer,
    Brad

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

3. Mazod

Mazod Occasional commenter

Note that in Scotland the subject is simply 'English'. There is no separation between English literature and English language. Drama will have different assessment criteria but this will all also be available on the SQA website which Flere-Imsaho has so kindly given you the link for :)

4. Marisha

Marisha Occasional commenter

Also note that the SQA (and some schools) are now trying to push Nat 5 Literacy as an appropriate qualification for kids who can't cope with literature.

5. walkingfred

walkingfred Occasional commenter