1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Could anyone answer an ebay/paypal question for me? I am confused!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cath1980, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Hi, I am a bit of an ebay novice but have brought and sold a few things without problems recently. Am item that I requested a refund for a pair of jeans that I purchased a few weeks ago and it was agreed without any problems. It says on my account that the refund has been done and that the case is closed but I am not sure where the money is?? I assumed as I payed using a card through paypal that it would go back to the paypal account... can anyone advise me on this as I have can only get automated responses from paypal when I ask a question.

Thanks

2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

It should be in your pay pal account. you can view your transactions on your screen, log in and go to my account and you should be able to see it.
    Actually as I am typing this, I have just had a thought that it may be held by them as you are a new user. I think this is the case when you sell things but am not sure about if you get a refund.

3. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

If you paid by card via Paypal it will go back to your card. Check your bank statement and it will be on there, it won't be in your Paypal account unless you had a cash credit held by Paypal.

4. As others have said - the money will be in yor paypal account. It won't go into your bank account until you go into your paypal account and transfer the funds.

5. phatsals

No it won't, it will go back to the method you used. If it's from Paypal balance or you are a very new and unverified user it will be in your account, otherwise it goes back the way it came, ie back to your card.

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

There might also be a slight delay with the refund if the original payment you made hasn't yet cleared - I learned this today from a recent purchase that needed a partial refund.

7. I stand corrected...

8. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

My experience agrees with you!

9. as does mine. it stays in the paypal pot until you set up the bank account to link with it.
    you either pay by card, or you pay via paypal. paypal is direct to the bank account, not linked to a card. (in my experience anyway)

10. phatsals

Ten years with an ebay business. I know my stuff with eBay and Paypal, verified is linked to your bank account OR credit card. If verified the money goes back the way it came, my most recent refund was last week and it went straight back via my card to the bank. It did not stay in Paypal and I did not have to withdraw it.
    It isn't the same if you are being paid. In that case it does go to Paypal and you do have to withdraw it to your account..