1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Could a school/staff member get into trouble if a PGCE student complains/raises an issue?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by caughtupinachaosofbooks, Jul 2, 2019.

1. caughtupinachaosofbooks

caughtupinachaosofbooks New commenter

Hi there,

Well right now I am typing up some issues for a form that needs to be seen by a panel to decide whether or not I should resit placement as I failed my second placement.

I had discussed a few things with someone from the Student Union and they suggested to include certain points which I had raised in regards to placement/teachers there. The thing is I don't want anyone to get in to trouble. So, I am feeling really reluctant in providing evidence in regards to that specific issue.

So I wanted to ask, if I talk about the specific issue and attach some related evidence, will it get them into trouble from the university? I really hope not! The issue wasn't so bad, but is worthwhile mentioning in the form but it requires evidence attached with it.

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

No, they won't get into trouble. Do what you need to do. Good luck!

pepper5 likes this.
  3. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

Teachers don't work for the university so there's not a lot a university could do even if they weren't happy with how a teacher had acted.

pepper5 likes this.