1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cot to Cotbed?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by singing readhead, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Hi Lovely Ladies
    So, LO is 17 months and 2 days. Quite good at climbing, and is strong (in my opinion). Compared to friends cots I don;t think ours is very deep - although there's probably not much in it.
    When do you think that I should take the sides off and convert to a cot bed. Do I wait until she is almost perched on the top in mornings (she has NO sense of fear and loves an adventure) or should I start 'training' her to sleep in a cot bed before she gets too maverik?
    how old / able were your LOs when they went from cot to bed or cotbed?
    thanks

2. Hi Lovely Ladies
    So, LO is 17 months and 2 days. Quite good at climbing, and is strong (in my opinion). Compared to friends cots I don;t think ours is very deep - although there's probably not much in it.
    When do you think that I should take the sides off and convert to a cot bed. Do I wait until she is almost perched on the top in mornings (she has NO sense of fear and loves an adventure) or should I start 'training' her to sleep in a cot bed before she gets too maverik?
    how old / able were your LOs when they went from cot to bed or cotbed?
    thanks

3. I left my (climber) daughter in her cot till 28 months, bizarrely despite perching on peoples dining room tables etc she didnt try to climb out of cot until then. Tbh I think unless there is a real reason if they are sleeping well then leave them. Once I moved her she was old enough to understand she should stay put and we didnt really have any problems. My opinion is there is no hurry on this at all.

4. No hurry as long as they are safe - my eldest son was a nightmare for climbing and could swing himself over the edge at 17 months. After a couple of near misses, we took the sides off as we didn't want to risk a serious injury.