1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

cot bedding

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by lilypot, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Hi
    I'm just wondering what sort of bedding is needed for a cot bed. Basically there is a nice duvet and pillow set I like, but i know you shouldn't use a pillow nor quilt really for babies so wondering if there is any justification in getting it, as it is quite dear. To just have a sheet, bumper and grobag thing just looks really bare! Do any of you use quilt and pillow for aesthetics only?
    x

2. Hi
    I'm just wondering what sort of bedding is needed for a cot bed. Basically there is a nice duvet and pillow set I like, but i know you shouldn't use a pillow nor quilt really for babies so wondering if there is any justification in getting it, as it is quite dear. To just have a sheet, bumper and grobag thing just looks really bare! Do any of you use quilt and pillow for aesthetics only?
    x

3. No.
    You should use cellular blankets and normal ones. We have a mix of cellular blankets and fleecy ones .... but never a duvet or pillow, til over a year old. I did sometimes use grobags (and yes, they can make the cotbed look bare!) but didn't like uncovered arms.
    However, the cotbed can be made to look really nice with a cot mobile, blankets and baby's soft, cuddly toys.

4. I've got a pattened sheet and sleeping bag - the stripes make it look less bare!

5. Gro bags are brilliant - my nearly 2 year old is still in one. When she's tired she starts saying 'bag' [​IMG]. I do know what you mean about the bare arms but she is never cold and we always turn the heating off at night.
    I am naughty and always had toys in her cot so it looked less bare. I know what you mean about the bareness but a good nights sleep without the covers being kicked off is the main thing IMO!

6. we just have a fitted sheet and a grobag (and a little swaddle wrap I made for over the top - LO loves being wrapped up snug, even at 6.5 months!)
    I found a cot mobile etc just got in the way when I was getting up a million times for night feeds. the less they have in there (and if they are wearing their bedding), the less fuss there is at putting them back! :D
    xx

7. I use the top-end of her cot for my current book, dirty nappies after night time feeds and spare baby clothes! I love that she looks so tiny in her cot - can't imagine her ever filling it out!
    Would love to know more about that grobag/swaddle thing - ours loves swaddling and we have sleeping bags too but not sure how the two would work together!

8. I wrap a swaddle wrap I made (let me know by pm if you want one), it goes on over his grobag. he doesn't get a nappy change in the night, unless it is dirty (ie not just wet) not sure if you could manage a nappy change keeping the swaddle on. the wrap is a piece of fleece, lined in cotton, with velcro. it is shaped so it doesn't go over his face.
    sarah x

9. Throw Pillow Cover made from 100% spun polyester poplin fabric, a stylish statement that will liven up any room. you should use that .

Pillow case wholesale