1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

cost of re- rigging the lights???

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Weebl, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hello,
    does any one know , roughly, how much it woul cost to re position lights on the rig? they wouldn't need taking down, just change the position they are facing.

Thanks Weebl

2. Hello,
    does any one know , roughly, how much it woul cost to re position lights on the rig? they wouldn't need taking down, just change the position they are facing.

Thanks Weebl

3. Think of an amount.
    Double it.
    Add a zero.
    Slightly tongue in cheek, but not much.
    Need to know much more about your rig - number of lanterns, height, gels needed etc etc.
    Who services them?
    (Alternatively - teacher stands on stepladder with long pole and knocks them. Technology Dept. have the long poles).

4. Ladder propped to secure bar that lanterns are on (don't rest ladder on chained bars or curtain tracks. Someone to foot the ladder, someone to climb, someone to take the lanterns as they are passed down on rope. All people need training.
    Or tallescope if your facilities manager has one.
    Whoever PAT tests your equipment will have rigged and de-rigged all the bars frequently and will know best way.
    You should check lanterns are safety-wired correctly (used to be chains), or they shouldn't be up at all.
    I have seen the long pole method too, but do not recommend it ;D

5. Hi,
    sorry it's taken a couple days to reply!! thank you both for your replies. i will get in contact with company who fitted the rig, seems the safest option. i don't trust myself to use long pole method as i will probably cause substantial damage!

Thanks again
    Weebl

6. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I have no problem replacing the batteries is all 20 of the torches that make for a 'lighting rig'. Sometimes I have to stretch the arms of a child holding one in order to get the light shining at a better angle which apparently isn't totally without pain.