1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

cost of living rise

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by abaco, May 6, 2011.

1. New to this forum so apologies if this has been mentioned before
    Are there any Ta's out there who have had a cost of living rise for 2010-11? I work at an independent school (primary) and whenever asked the head always says it is a government decision and one that hasn't been made. Feel annoyed that we have missed out on a years rise- only slight I know but still!
    I have tried to search for advice on the net but don't know where to start.
    Thank you for your time

2. Not only have I been told my pay is frozen but the amount paid for my post has been reduced by 5% per year until it reaches the new rate which is £800 p.a. lower than I was receiving in 2005. Am I not worth the pay I was receiving? I worked hard to obtain the qualifications I have and the level of pay I was getting...