1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cosmos

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Nov 24, 2018.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Tomorrow, 25 November, marks one year since my darling friend Cosmos slipped away.
    I am currently baking her famous boiled fruit cake, with her on my mind and happy memories of lunches in Marlborough (well, copious amounts of coffee and lots of cake!) and spending hours in kitchen shops wondering if we really needed the gadgets and gizmos on sale.
    Tomorrow I shall remember her with a glass of red, something 'eggy on toast' for supper and watch the Strictly results, wondering who might be her favourite.
    RIP Cosmos.....miss you very much xx

2. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

I shall be making queen of puddings, with raspberry jam, of course. I feel such a pang when I remember picking the last of the raspberries with Alison.

3. bajan

bajan Occasional commenter

What a lovely way to remember a friend.

4. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

A lovely tribute to your friend @BelleDuJour > Cosmos is missed

Lara mfl 05 and BelleDuJour like this.
  5. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I can't believe it's only a year.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  6. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I know, it seems much longer than that. I'll raise a glass to her, too.

7. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I really appreciated her advice on cooking, particularly foraging. She had such a lovely manner about her. To Cosmos. Much missed.

Lara mfl 05 and BelleDuJour like this.
  8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I miss her.

Lara mfl 05, BelleDuJour and nizebaby like this.
  9. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Bajan, she was lovely.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  10. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I knew her as Killer Cat on the pet thread. Her posts often had me in stitches :)

Lara mfl 05, BelleDuJour and nizebaby like this.
  11. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

A lovely tribute. Much missed on TES.

nizebaby and BelleDuJour like this.
  12. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

This

13. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Me too.

BelleDuJour and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  14. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Indeed she is.

And she was fantastic, along with GardeningLeaves another much missed poster, who were bot so good at identifying plants from descriptions and giving gardening advice.
    I often wonder what's happening to her garden in France.

Sundaytrekker and BelleDuJour like this.
  15. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

Cosmos' gardening advice was always spot-on and she was so knowledgeable. Glad I got to meet her at the first Meet I went to. Such fun, engaging and witty. I do remember her guffawing at the Missing Poster with the Short Bob.

It's really a good thing that none of us knows what life is preparing to throw at us.

nizebaby and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  16. catmother

catmother Star commenter

@BelleDuJour I know that you speak to her family. What happened to her house in France? What about her dad,is he still in France?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  17. BelleDuJour

I'll let you know. Not had an update on the house but I'll be speaking to her daughter tomorrow so I'll ask.
    I'm watching Strictly.....she'd have liked Faye I think..............

18. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

All ready to celebrate the memory of a much loved poster today.
    To Cosmos [​IMG]

19. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

To Cosmos.
    A lovely person.

20. BelleDuJour

Had a lovely chat with Cosmos's daughter today.
    She tells me Cosmos sends her love to all her Tesser friends and wishes to be in a rose garden. We have a few roses still in bloom here, so she will visit...............I often feel her presense.
    Sadly Mr C (the main reason for her moving to France) is making life difficult regarding her little French retreat, so I suspect the garden is overgrown and ruined. So sad.................she will be furious. Even more furious than the day she made beef short rinbs and he came home, ate all the meat, popped the bones back in the pot and said nothing. I think the pot very nearly hit him around the left ear!
    It is her birthday soon. She would have been 65 on Monday 3rd December. We shall remember her with a glass of bubbles and 'picky bits'.............as she would have done.
    xxxxxx