1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Correlation, causation, ofsted and TB ( or flu, or whatever)

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Malachite19, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Malachite19

Malachite19 New commenter

How many statistics- blind managers witter on about the correlation between attendance and attainment.

correlation does not mean causation.

Here’s an idea. Maybe state of health is the link to both?

Here’s another one. I’m pretty sure I have detected a correlation between the level of aggression in the attendance policy, and the spread of disease through a school.

and as my third year 8 pupil goes down with TB I would love, love LOVE to see the berk in charge of our vicious attendance policy face criminal charges for bullying sick children into school

And what for? So he personally can preen himself while presenting bright shiny attendance figures to Ofsted

2. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

Well, having had 'flu' myself in the last few days and introducing a TB and infectious disease policy into a public institution (where it happens) all I can say is good luck with that, depending upon the parents point of view.

I'm watching the new Chinese virus with dread, as the Chinese New Year approaches this week.

Think Christmas movement in the UK x1000 or 10,000. No the virus isnt going to spread, is it?

Shedman likes this.
  3. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter