1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Correcting work for display? Do you?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by caroline_wheatley, May 5, 2011.

1. Just wondering how many people correct written pieces of work for display. I have a mixed Y1/2 class and the head likes <u>every</u> spelling to be corrected and then the work copied out again for display. I don't feel this gives a true representation of the child's work though.
    What are your thoughts?

2. Just wondering how many people correct written pieces of work for display. I have a mixed Y1/2 class and the head likes <u>every</u> spelling to be corrected and then the work copied out again for display. I don't feel this gives a true representation of the child's work though.
    What are your thoughts?

3. Ktee

Ktee New commenter

The Head at my old school was like that too, I hated it! Felt like such a waste of time getting children to copy out a piece of work for the sake of a few spellings. As long as I can see the children have taken pride in it, and are proud of their work, I put it up warts and all!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

But if other children are going to look at the work for inspiration then perhaps the HT has a point.

However I dislike it as well. I do correct the work, but don't ask them to write it our again, usually.