1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus: Y11 transition to college - preparation work?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by boatie, Apr 2, 2020.

1. boatie

boatie New commenter

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere and I haven't spotted it.

Our Y11 currently have 5 or so fairly unstructured months ahead of them. We have some plans in place for some transition work that we can do for those following an academic route in the autumn. Does anyone have any ideas for definite things that could be done by those heading to colleges to do more practical and vocational things?

I have contacted our local colleges for ideas and am awaiting replies from the right people but I do know that they are in a difficult position too.

Thank you.

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Post 16 providers are in for an interesting time in September, with learners starting who have neither finished KS4 nor done the induction for the new courses.
    There will of course also be the reluctant learners who were deferring their choices before the crisis and will not have anything ready.