1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus -schools open over holidays and pay

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by nicebutdim23, Mar 19, 2020.

1. nicebutdim23

nicebutdim23 New commenter

Does anyone have any information on all this please? Do we get paid extra? Time off in lieu? I have friends family etc whose have been told their schools are open over Easter and could potentially be over the summer too and they are expected to work. I’m all for helping but are we not only paid for 195 days ? Is it a case of tough luck? I’m so worried about burnout if this is what we are all going to be expected to do . My stress levels have been through the roof the last few weeks.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

3. nicebutdim23

nicebutdim23 New commenter

Thank you, I looked but must’ve been looking in the wrong place.

4. cheesypop

cheesypop Senior commenter

We are currently on a rota and in once a week. On that basis I would do that over the holidays also.

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Same here, a maximum of one day a week in school at the moment, those that are self isolating or with long term conditions that mean they can't be rota'd in school are planning the home learning activities and dealing with queries etc. We expect to continue over the holidays ( staff have been asked if there are any days they can't do) No idea what will happen in the longer term!

6. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

And here. We're only one day a fortnight now, having combined with another school, so expecting to continue through the Easter holidays. More than half expecting to be asked to cover weekends too. Who knows how long it will continue?