1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus-related teaching resources must be shared for free

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by tesAuthorTeam, Mar 13, 2020.

1. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

From today, all coronavirus-related teaching resources must be shared for free.

The novel coronavius is causing heightened stress and anxiety to those working in the education sector. Uncertainty around school closures as well as other effects on public places mean that teachers are looking to prepare their classes for all scenarios such as school closure, remote teaching and self guided learning.

We are therefore inviting you, our author community, to contribute your resources to help teachers in need. As you may already be aware, Tes is looking to aid educators free of charge and we therefore request that all your coronavirus-related resources are shared for free. This means that using title or description terms such as 'coronavirus' and 'covid-19' will require your resource to be shared for free. Resources found to infringe upon this decision will be removed from the marketplace.

Tes have put together a helpful coronavirus hub to aid teachers in this time of need, highlighting information and teaching resources specially made for these trying conditions. Read more about our decision here.

[​IMG]

nwilkin likes this.
  2. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

To help teachers who want access to the other wonderful paid for resources, wouldn't it be a great idea for TES to fund a site wide sale like you used to. This would show you really are wanting to help teachers get access to a huge range of resources. Please TES, I think it is time for you to run a site wide sale.

mrajlong, EC_Resources and a51_ufo like this.
  3. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

The 'other siite' has a site wide sale coming up and the 'other other site' is free for a month. I think we need something drastic, Tes!

nwilkin and vcurrie19 like this.
  4. vcurrie19

vcurrie19 New commenter

Is this what was meant by "agreeing with our authors"?

5. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

It would also help the authors who, for them, selling resources is their main source of income. I still work full-time, but I know many authors who are going to really struggle during the school closures. A lot of authors will also lose their Gold/Silver status during this very hard period. Are Tes looking at this?

vcurrie19 likes this.
  6. MikeRichards

MikeRichards New commenter

Hi everyone

Just to let you know I'm uploading a 2 daily Phonics Phase 5 lessons for my own class. Please share with parents from your own schools, especially after I heard a parent on the BBC website expressing their concern and bewilderment at the prospect of delivering phonics. At present I'm in school every other day, but if I have time I'll expand this to include other Phases, starting with Phase 4.

7. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

We have just made an announcement on this topic
    https://www.tes.com/author-academy/announcements/author-royalties-will-be-locked-until-2021

8. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

Tes staff, any news on a site wide sale? Teachers and authors really need this.

9. thecre8tiveresources

thecre8tiveresources New commenter

We answered your call and have helped you provide over 80,000 Free Downloads to support teachers working from home all across the world over the past week or so. What do the authors get in return with regard to you supporting us?

nwilkin and vcurrie19 like this.