1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus plans?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by bramblesarah, Mar 13, 2020.

1. BG54

BG54 Occasional commenter

Overall I'm down from twenty students on the day the exams were cancelled to five.

All Year 11 students cancelled, one Year 13 is continuing as normal and since I last posted on this thread three families have decided to suspend tuition until face-to-face tuition can resume. Currently I'm down to three Year 10 students, one Year 8 and a Year 13.

I haven't seen any sign of demand at all from the agencies since the exams were cancelled, not a single enquiry.

2. bramblesarah

bramblesarah Occasional commenter

I know it's a bit of a nightmare. In future years I think I would be more wary of taking on too many y11/13. The aim has always been to not take on students currently in year 11.

3. lazy dingo

lazy dingo New commenter

I have been using the Tutor Class website. Has a nice whiteboard with built in video and voice chat. The whiteboard has all the features I need. I also use a graphics tablet, headphone and mic.