1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus and PGCE interviews

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by LesleyAnneRoberts, Mar 18, 2020.

1. LesleyAnneRoberts

LesleyAnneRoberts New commenter

Ive just sent my ucas application off for PGCE/School direct this September - it is a late application for personal reasons out of my control but there is still lots of time left before September deadline!

Anyway i was wondering....interviews! How can they take place with university and school closures?!!

Hope it will all be ok!

Is anyone else in same situation?

2. robbie8276

robbie8276 New commenter

I'm in the same situation. My interview is taking place by Skype

3. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Yes, Skype is the way forward. Top tips. Have the light on you not behind you. Don’t look into the screen. Sit back a little for a head and shoulders shot. Be in a room with carpeting not hard flooring. Makes your voice much better.

4. jeanmassieu

jeanmassieu New commenter

One of my placement via SCITT is postponed indefinitely, but I have Skype/Zoom interviews for other PGCE placements.

However, I still work at the school where I work as a TA. I just hope schools will reopen in September. Best of luck with your interviews Robbie and Lesley.