1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cornerstones- History/Geography and Ofsted

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by JASheard, Sep 4, 2018.

1. JASheard

JASheard New commenter

Hello,
    I was hoping somebody might be able to offer some advise. I have recently been made head of Additional Learning (we use a resource called Cornerstones) which encompasses History/Geography/Art.

I was wondering if any colleagues who are heads of these areas can point me in the right direction regarding acceptable (for Ofsted) presentation.

We have used exercise books but they are costly and become rather messy. In other subjects we use something called a floor book- a large A3 hardback book with a top/middle/bottom example of each lesson- annotated by the children and I was hoping to use these.

What do other schools use?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Andrew

2. CWadd

CWadd Lead commenter

Exercise books. They work.

varcolac and sabrinakat like this.
  3. Flanks

Flanks Established commenter

Ofsted couldn't care less. They care that you make assessments and judgements on the children's learning, and that when challenged you can demonstrate it to a third party (them).

Piranha likes this.
  4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

We really need to get away from the 'what OFSTED want...' themes. Far too many schools impose ridiculous rules on overworked staff because of some fiction which may well have been denied by OFSTED. In short, OFSTED want to see evidence that students are learning what they are supposed to. It is up to teachers to use their judgement on how to make sure learning is happening, so please do whatever works best for you.