1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Core 2 Warm Up

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by GoldMaths, May 23, 2012.

1. GoldMaths

GoldMaths New commenter

Hi,

Have devised a powerpoint that my students will be shown 30 minutes prior to tomorrows exam, again format doesnt comply with TES so can be downloaded from HERE.

Hope it helps.

2. GoldMaths

GoldMaths New commenter

Hi,

Have devised a powerpoint that my students will be shown 30 minutes prior to tomorrows exam, again format doesnt comply with TES so can be downloaded from HERE.

Hope it helps.

3. Downloaded, thank you.

4. I don't understand why your resource doesn't comply...
    I've removed my resources from TES - some don't comply because they are downloaded from iTunes.
    It's frustrating - I've just made the app that I really feel can help with numeracy, completely free - but I can't put that as a resource: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mathstrainers-pro/id524840034?ls=1&mt=8
    madness...[​IMG]

5. GoldMaths

GoldMaths New commenter

The error is on of scripting not lack of knowledge so your fear and trepidation is unwarranted. I would expect a student to know something as basic as the nth term so didn't feel I needed to include it - have edited the mistake though, thanks.

I feel Warm Ups are useful and know that the kids appreciate them as they turn up early to receive them KS4 & 5.

After looking at the exam I think the 30 minutes I spent with the pupils most would of had an increase of 3 marks (7 ums?) which could be huge in the long run.

My groups get and got high quality teaching (100% pass also with 1 out of 25 offered a place at Cambridge). I fail to see how not doing a warm up makes you better or increases the chance of students success? I personally will do anything I can to improve results and definitely dont see this as a negative. [apart from the spoon feeding culture - which is endemic of UK at the moment due to government]

Furthermore it is my first opportunity to take a register and phone anyone stupid enough to mix up dates.