1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cor Nigella's back

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Not at all! We love compliments! But context is everything.

emerald52 likes this.
  2. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

It's creepy if you're muttering them in the street to random 'attractive' women.

3. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Being respectful and not too loud is a poor context?
    You are scratching around for reasons to denigrate a man complimenting a lady. Anyway, back to the topic, I am looking forward to Nigella's show if for no other reason than to annoy the feminists.

4. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I do not mutter.

5. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

6. Dunteachin

Lexus, your mission today is to go around complimenting unattractive, old ladies.
    Report back. :)

emerald52 and HelenREMfan like this.
  7. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Age is unimportant. I am 69 going on 50:). If a nice lady catches my eye and if I am in the mood, I might just do as you suggest. Reporting back would be indiscreet ;)

8. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I don't recall anyone thinking there is anything untoward about friendly interaction such as smiling and passing a comment about the weather. It's normal day to day human interaction as previously stated - for both sexes.

cosmosinfrance and zizzyballoon like this.
  9. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

You wish!

emerald52 likes this.
  10. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

And there's a whole lot of difference between normal interaction and offering random unsolicited compliments to women you don't know, let alone slobbering in public about come hither eyes and mermaids of destruction.

I note that no one has said that they'd be fine with their wives or daughters being the subject of such attention.

11. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

A couple of years ago I was out walking in the Staffs Moorlands hills, high up and quite isolated, a very nice lady was also walking on her own but going in the opposite direction to me. The path was narrow and we passed each other in close proximity. We both smiled at each other and exchanged comments on the weather, the lady was attractive and of a similar age to me and I was going to pay her a compliment but being where we were I decided not to. I have regretted that decision. Next time I might:) depending on context!:rolleyes:

12. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

True:oops:

zizzyballoon likes this.
  13. Dunteachin

That woman on the lonely Staffordshire moors had a ruddy lucky escape then!

"I was going to pay her a compliment"!!

Yikes!

14. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Some men think: She looks nice. I will tell her.
    Some women think: I know exactly what HE'S after!

They (some women) then eye those men with a certain disdain. Possibly repulsion.

Random strangers commenting on the weather is OK. That's not exclusive to me. But my appearance IS. Unless I ask you. I am not asking for comments on my accent when I speak. I am not asking for comments on my gait when I walk. I am definitely not asking for comments on my appearance when I throw on some clothes in the morning.

Be nice. Just say it's a nice day. Great. But kindly refrain from commenting on my appearance. It is nothing to do with you!

emerald52 and ilovesooty like this.
  15. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

Don't bother Dunty. Lexus is now being a wind up merchant - just as tedious as his lecherous persona and just as irritating.
    Time for the ignore button.....

16. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I would never harm anyone, why do you think I would?

17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

What a strange mind you have. Compliments are now lecherous!

18. Dunteachin

Haha! I haven't seen him on my Problem Page, yet.

Get yerself over there, Lexus. You need sorting out! :)

emerald52 likes this.
  19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

It is in the eye of the beholder.

20. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Probably, but I am comfortable in my skin:)