1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Copy of the poem by Pam Ayres- with these hands please?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by thedancingqueen, Jun 12, 2011.

1. I really want to use this poem tomorrow in my English lesson instead of the poem that I have. I have taught it in the past and I have the powerpoint to go with it so I'd be all prepared. I just need a copy of the with these hands poem by Pam Ayres please. With these hands so soft and clean, on which I stroke the vaseline.......
    I can't remember much else of it. Please help if you can asap!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Are you sure it is Pam Ayres?

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/with-these-hands-4/

Is the one I know.

3. Thanks so much! That's the one. I heard her read it out at a poem reading session she ran once and assumed that she'd written it. Obviously I was wrong. Thanks again for your help! [​IMG]

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. As Pam Ayres' agent (& husband!) I can assure you that WITH THESE HANDS is one of Pam's poems. It is from her book, also called WITH THESE HANDS, first published by Weidenfeld & Nicolson in 1997. Whoever else is claiming to have written this poem is a villain and a thief, and needs a good horse-whipping!
    Sincerely
    Dudley Russell