1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cooker cleaner

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JoJo37, Nov 30, 2011.

1. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Sorry this is a bit dull, but to my shame I have rather a dirty oven and can never seem to get the bottom of it properly clean. Cleaning the glass door and shelves is fine but cleaning the inside is harder.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a really effective oven cleaner.
    Thanks.

2. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Sorry this is a bit dull, but to my shame I have rather a dirty oven and can never seem to get the bottom of it properly clean. Cleaning the glass door and shelves is fine but cleaning the inside is harder.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a really effective oven cleaner.
    Thanks.

3. Yes, that one in the orange box where you put the shelves in a huge bag. It's brilliant! Cleaning the oven is almost a pleasure...............
    I think it's called Oven Pride or maybe Oven Mate. Available in all good supermarkets.

4. Oh you and me both (the shame and the dirty oven). Worst domestic job by a country mile!
    Oven Pride is very good, but be very, <u>very</u> careful, wear a good, long pair of marigolds and your tattiest clothing. If you have long hair, tie it up out of the way.
    Thus speaketh the voice of experience (ow!).

5. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Ours pops in on Monday afternoons -£20 for 2 hours (albeit, she does a bit more than just ovens).

6. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

I'll be around at the start of the school holidays.

I clean the oven as my wind down from school routine.

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

shame your not in london you could have done mine.........it needs doing but strangely ive never cleaned an oven....i think im concerned it might go bang.......

8. Ah - an excellent <strike>excuse</strike>, er valid reason for avoiding this heinous task!