1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Converting to digital TV

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chocolatebox9, May 22, 2011.

1. Yep...just the job. however if you have an old tv aerial you may (and i say MAY ) have to upgrade. but my guess is you will be fine. Get the set top box now and benefit from the 20 odd other tv channels available.

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Yes. Has your TV got a scart socket? (some portables don't)
    If its an old TV maybe consider a new one with built in freeview? I know it's more but you can get some for about £70ish... x

3. Thanks.
    Umm, what's a scart socket?

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

5. Lol the socket on the back of your tv that the aerial is not plugged in to. :¬))
    about 6 cm long and 2 cm wide.

6. Looks like Cherie Blair's gob?
    Yep, I've got one of those.

7. Oh no..I now see a scart plug as Tony's wing wang.

8. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    [​IMG]

9. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I do find it strange that this sleepy little backwater went digital so long ago nobody can remember it.... and other places that are more civilised are still using analogue signals!

10. They were testing it on you, Lil....to see if the digital signal made people become ferral and eat people.

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Ah yes, silly me.

Where did everyone go?

12. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

May I just hijack this thread for a moment?....
    I have a TV that has Freeview included...no box needed.
    Last week i had a letter telling me that the analogue signal in our area is going to be switched off, but because I am on Disability Benefit I can have one TV converted free of charge, via a digital box (which i don't need)....or if I prefer I can pay £16 and have a free digital box and a satellite dish.
    This second option will apparantly give me over 140 digital TV and Radio channels with no monthly bills,....Does anyone have a free-sat dish thingy - are the channels worth it?

13. £16 is a good deal for dish and box. ...freesat offer some good channels but, crucially ,it gives you different free channels to freeview. So for £16 quid you have increased your channels if you add the sat box to your freeview enabled tv.

14. Moreover if youcan get someone to point your dish at Hotbird or Eurostat rather than astra you will be able to get German channels.

15. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Oooooooh! [​IMG]

16. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

1 ♥ bauble.