1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Converting promethean files to powerpoint- Help!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by hbrookes86, Aug 10, 2011.

1. hbrookes86

hbrookes86 New commenter

Hi all,
    I am struggling to find anywhere online that tells me how I can convert .flp files to normal windows powerpoint files. I really need some advice - am starting a new jon in Septemeber (just finished NQT) and really need to be able to access some files off TES.
    Thanks!

2. hbrookes86

hbrookes86 New commenter

Hi all,
    I am struggling to find anywhere online that tells me how I can convert .flp files to normal windows powerpoint files. I really need some advice - am starting a new jon in Septemeber (just finished NQT) and really need to be able to access some files off TES.
    Thanks!

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

It's a simple convert using the dashboard in ActivPrimary (or Studio I guess) or indeed ActivInspire. The content will no longer have much functionality tho' - the software simply takes a snapshot and exports it as a single image, 1 flip page per slide. You could download and use a flipchart reader if you lack Activ software but it will not let you amend and save.

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

whoops. just checked AP3 and realised PPT conversion is one way, the wrong way unfortunately, providing the ability to import PPTs; there is an Export to HTML in AP3.
    You could always use the Snapshot tool to copy each flipchart page to a PPT slide, slower but would work.