1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Converting NC levels to percentage or Grades A*,A, B,C,D E

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by ayeshaafsar, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Can anyone help me with a converison scale that can convert the national curriculum levels into percentage scale or Grades A*, A, B, C D & E. I work in the gulf where all teachers are not trained to level students confidently, and they are used to the percentage scales. So it would be very helpful if anyone can just pass me the link or the scale if you know of any.
    Thanks,
    AA.

Rishana likes this.
  2. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Presume you mean NC levels and GCSE results. If so, there's no correlation, really.
    (Doesn't mean to say nobody's made anything up.)
    In the original plan, when GCSE results were going to be marked and reported by levels, the old GCSE Grade C was meant to be equvalent to somewhere between level 6 and level 7.

3. T34

T34 Established commenter

Markuss,
    Surely one is either at level 6 or at level 7 - there is nothing in between.
    Or are you embracing the concept of sub-levels at last?

4. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Nothing to do with sublevels. The intention was that there would be NO direct equivalent in levels to what used to be thought of as a "Pass".