1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Converting KS2 scaled scores to fine point scores

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by acarter17, Jan 11, 2018.

1. acarter17

acarter17 New commenter

Hi

Is anyone aware of any tool or facility which converts the Key Stage 2 Reading/Maths/GPS scaled scores (i.e. from 80 to 120), to the KS2 Average Point (fine point) Score?

If not, is there a certain methodology by which the fine point score could be derived from the scaled score as an approximation?

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

2. sckinsley

sckinsley New commenter

Hi,

I had to jury rig a conversion table which I did using an old Ben Fuller spreadsheet and the 2017 Marks to standardised scores which I could then use for a lookup table. Not the best solution but may be of use to you so have attached in a zip containing pdf, xls and xls versions.

Hope it helps.

S

Attached Files:

emma_lydon1 likes this.
  3. emma_lydon1

emma_lydon1 New commenter

Hi S

Thank you. I have used this to set targets for our students in year 7, 8 and 9.
    Much appreciated.
    Emma Lydon

4. sckinsley

sckinsley New commenter

No Problem, have a good Christmas

5. Cyberman

Cyberman New commenter

6. sckinsley

sckinsley New commenter

This is a good resource, fortunately in a middle school as I am now I am not affected by KS4 like I used to be - it would have been useful then. My colleagues in the secondary sector will find this useful.