1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Convert Secondry PGCE to FE PGCE

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by ajstott, Sep 5, 2010.

  1. Hello,
    I hold a Secondry PGCE in Science and wondered if anybody know if it is possible to convert it to a PGCE in Further Education? If so, what would I have to do to do this?

  2. No conversion necessary. You just need to be offered a teaching post, and then you need to obtain QTLS within two years.
  3. I am not sure, but I would love any advice about converting an FE/HE teaching qualification (PGCE) to teach in the secondary sector. I have ben teaching in the FE sector for 15 years, I have a consistent record of outstanding teaching observations and would love to convert... there does not seem to be much information available about how this can be done. Please help!!

Share This Page