1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

convert DTTLs to a foundation degree?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by robinsonlorraine, Jul 8, 2011.

1. I wonder if anyone can advise me? I am a college lecturer and achieved DTTLs qualifications last year. I have a Postgraduate Diploma in Management, but not a degree. Many positions (understandably) want a degree. I can convert my Postgrad qual to an MBA with one year's further study. I believe I might be able to convert my DTTLs to a degree but am finding it difficult to get any hard facts. Would schools, or moderator/examiner roles accept the MBA as a degree, or should I start from scratch and study for a more traditional degree? Any help/advice gratefully accepted!

2. gma

gma New commenter

I studied for a CertEd, which I then upgraded to BA (Post Compulsory ) at Southampton University.
    As the DTLLS is comparable to a CertED, that option should be available. Phone your local University and see if they offer that option.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

If you are wanting subsequently to train for teaching (via PGCE or GTP), you almost certainly need a degree more directly related to whatever it is you plan to teach.
    Of course the MBA is accepted as a degree, but it might not get you admitted to a PGCE or for GTP.