1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Conversion to academy

Discussion in 'Primary' started by damplink, May 8, 2011.

1. damplink

damplink New commenter

Not as easy for Primaries I would guess as they haven`t got the expertise or time to sort it all out. Anyone done it or thinking of doing it got any thoughts on the matter?

2. No, no-one in my primary has the expertise to anything much, other than roll up at 9.00 and leave at 3.15.
    Surely this post is a joke?

3. What on earth do you mean by 'not as easy for primaries'?
    There are primaries in our LA that are academies and many more applying.

4. damplink

damplink New commenter

Do small Primaries have anyone to carry out the business manager role that is apparently required to convert to becoming an academy - something that secondaries already have in place.

5. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Not quite- most of them still keep their dinner money etc. in a margarine tub in the headteacher's handbag, but that's the cosy world of primary schools for you- no expertise in anything at all.

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Oh I don't know...we're sort of okish at getting kids to read, write and count!

7. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Yes we are, that's obviously why all this academy stuff is way beyond any of us who work in primary schools!

8. damplink

damplink New commenter

Margerine tub? You are lucky - ours is in an old cocoa tin. But seriously, are you all saying that Academy conversion is a fairly simple matter for small primaries ?