1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Conversion Rate Request to TES

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Krazikas, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Hi, conversion rate 2.png

@TES Resource Team . I have asked this question many times and have not yet received a reply. Would it be possible to have the conversion rate data for each resource by putting a conversion rate filter on the drop-down menu of the author's resource management page. See image. This function would enable author's to quickly and easily identify their best and poorest performing resources and take appropriate action.

mrajlong likes this.
  2. Krazikas

I think my posts on this subject wear the cloak of invisibility to the @TES Resource Team !

MosaiK likes this.
  3. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @Krazikas,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have passed on the details of your post to the relevant team.

4. Krazikas

Thank you!:D

5. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

@Krazikas on the contrary, I am investigating this with the team now to see what is possible :)

We absolutely appreciate this would be useful however it would require a lot of bandwidth to calculate this figure for hundreds of thousands of paid resources and to supply this live data for all time, as obviously these rates would fluctuate all the time. We are investigating what might be possible and will come back to you!

MosaiK and Krazikas like this.
  6. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

7. Krazikas

Thanks again...

8. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I'd be happy just to see separate conversion rates for free and premium resources...lost count how many times I've brought this up :(

9. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

@mrajlong thanks for your comment and we do appreciate if you've raised this in other areas but if possible could you outline in a little bit more detail what you mean here so that we can incorporate it into the discussion - for example, do you mean comparative conversion rates between (your) free and paid for resources, or more generally across the site? Please feel free to outline and we'll be able to take it to the teams to discuss :)

10. mrajlong

My conversion rate is always ALL VIEWS divided by SALES, rather than views for premium resources divided by sales. I would really like a new filter on the analytics page so I can see views for premium resources rather than ALL views. At least that way I could work out my own conversion rate.

Krazikas likes this.
  11. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter

Hi @mrajlong, as I've mentioned in comments in other threads, that's not the case. The conversion rate data has always been filtered by premium resources only, and doesn't pull in data for all resources. We did have an issue with the conversion rate calculation, which we quickly fixed, but it wasn't related to this. Please see my comment here for more detail: https://community.tes.com/threads/all-i-want-for-christmas.768097/#post-12332299.

Thanks,

Charlie

12. Krazikas

I agree with@mrajlong - although you filter for premium resources - the calculations take in total views which include views of free resources - so it is not a true conversion rate of premium resources only.

mrajlong likes this.
  13. mrajlong

Since the birth of the analytics page, my conversion rate has been equal to all views divided by sales. Please, explain how this is possible if only views for premium resources are factored into the conversion rate calculation. I KNOW it's incorrect, having downloaded the Excel file and calculated the average conversion rate for all my premium resources. @Krazikas and I have been saying this for ages. The calculation you are doing is not correct.