1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Conversations

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Kartoshka, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Someone has sent me a message (started a conversation) and I can't work out how I am meant to send a reply. I click on the title and there are only the following options: "mark as unread", "star conversation" or "leave conversation". Surely I should be able to continue a conversation that has been started! Am I missing something obvious?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@Kartoshka
    Don't you have a reply box, the same as in the forums? Don't click on the check box - click on the conversation title itself.

Come back if you're still having problems.

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Nope, no reply box. There is just the message, and then below it is the black line. Just like here on the forums, but without a reply box.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Not seen that @Kartoshka - sorry I can't help, but I'll alert Rosaline to see if she can.

@TES_Rosaline

Can you help Kartoshka ?

5. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Established commenter

Do you have to be signed in to reply?

6. Incommunicado

Also.... is it possible to send an email to a poster? How?

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Yes, you do have to be signed in to view and reply to conversations.

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter

No - not unless they have shared their email address with you.

9. Incommunicado

So... how do you share e-mail addresses ? I can remember sending/receiving e-mails before.

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter

If you wish to send emails then you need to contact someone via a 'Conversation' (formally known as Private Messages or PMs) and exchange addresses there. 'Conversations' are private and cannot be seen by the general public. Some have given their email address in an open forum before - perhaps when requesting resources - but this is not advised and should be strongly discouraged as the forums are open for anyone, whether or not a member of TES, to see.

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Including the web crawlers - automatic software that scans the web to find e-mail addresses for spam email.

Put your email address on here and your inbox will fill up with loving messages from ladies in Russia wishing to come and live and love with you, and offers to improve your virility.

;)

Best wishes

marlin likes this.
  12. sm5453489

sm5453489 New commenter