1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Conversations/Ex PMs

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by yfel_endwerce, Oct 20, 2015.

1. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

Some time ago I raised a minor concern about the name change from Private Messages to Conversations without response.
    Whilst I can't yet start a conversation (presumably because of the new pre-moderation process) in a conversation started by another poster I idly remarked on this change and suddenly noticed that, in my conversations at least, there is a "report link".
    I can see why that might be necessary as I have been places where private messaging systems have been abused by users and spammers but it does make me wonder as well.

This has nagged at my somewhat idle but curious brain ever since and, although I am pretty sure that TES wouldn't intrude upon Conversations unless requested to, I still have this level of nagging doubt.
    It may seem ridiculous, but I'd like to have it formally confirmed by TES Admins/moderators that they do not have the ability to review conversations unless they are reported. @TES_Rosaline

Oddly enough this is the sort of question I would have preferred to have asked by Conversation/PM but given that this post must be previewed by a moderator they do have the choice to not publish it and to respond by other methods

2. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

3. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

I thank you for the swift reply and take from your answer that TES will only intervene or look at conversations if they are reported.
    This doesn't surprise me but I am grateful that my doubts have been fully answered