1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Conversation time out

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by marlin, Sep 24, 2015.

1. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline

How long are we supposed to have to write a conversation message? I was replying to a conversation and after only a few minutes - perhaps 5 but no more - I got this message flash on the screen.
    upload_2015-9-24_19-46-38.png

When I tried to post, after seeing the flash message, I saw this
    upload_2015-9-24_19-47-7.png

I had to use the back button to try and navigate back to my 'home' page.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I got a timed out message after writing the previous post, but clicking 'start thread' again posted it.

3. FigmentOYI

FigmentOYI Lead commenter

I think a few others have had it too including me - just on visiting another page. In the end I had to close down and log back in.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I've just had to do that too. :(

5. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Administrator Staff Member

6. FigmentOYI

Thanks. I had this message a moment ago when I tried to post - was I too fast for it?

Attached Files:

7. TES_Pippa

morning @Figmentofyourimagination - afraid so... you're too quick to draw. ;)
    There's a waiting time between posts, had you just posted a previous comment?

8. FigmentOYI

Yes :) we have a very quick turn around on entertainment. Oh my, we have to wait? That will make our midnight thread interesting!:eek:

marlin likes this.
  9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

10. TES_Pippa

@marlin @xena-warrior @Figmentofyourimagination after look

@marlin @xena-warrior @Figmentofyourimagination Having looked into the timeout issue we've traced it back to our internet transit provider who had a power outage in London last week when you were experiencing the problem. This shouldn't happen again, but obviously please flag any future issues like this up to me.

Thanks, Pippa

11. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@TES_Pippa Thank you. I've not experienced the fault again. It's good to have an explanation - but how unfortunate for all of you at TES towers so close to the launch of the new site. :(

12. FigmentOYI

Agreed, and thanks for update