1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Controlled Assessments

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by lucialaw, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Does anybody know when the exam boards will tell us what tasks to send them for the oral?
    ARe you clear of what paperwork is needed?
    Are we suppose to write the unpredictable question? Where?
    This is a lot of work for teacher......it does not seem fair!

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

Which board are you using?

3. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

Hi!
    We do WJEC French and German, but I have been looking carefully at the AQA requirements as I have one native speaker of Italian who will be sitting the exam this summer and for whom I shall be conducting the oral and supervising the controlled conditions essays (wjec do not offer Italian, which is a pity as I find their exams far more straightforward).
    I have found this booklet to be of great use, and it should point you in the right direction:
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse/pdf/AQA-MFL-W-TRB-CAHA10.PDF
    I advise you to do what I did: print it off and go through with a highlighter. If you still have unanswered questions there is a helpline number given towards the end. I am not surprised that you are confused as it did strike me as unnecessarily complicated compared to what I am used to with wjec.
    There does seem to be a lot of useful guidance on the website - I think it is just a question of reading through everything really carefully.