1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Controlled Assessment with LL students. Guidance needed.

Discussion in 'History' started by eva1789, Aug 1, 2016.

1. eva1789

eva1789 New commenter

I have a mixed ability History GCSE class and have in that class a large number of lower level students, four of which I have great concerns over, as not only do they have weak literacy, but also memory retention weaknesses. All their work is differentiated for them but their assessments and end of year test haven't been successful with all four being given a U. (I have spoken to all four students and given them a confidence talk as I really do not want to 'loose them').

In the new term we move on to CA. Can any of you offer advice, tips, tricks, as to how you gave your students a fighting chance to succeed? In the past I have differentiated the resources and this has been fine, but these girls need more and I am wrecking my brain as to what I can do without breaking any rules.

I'd be most grateful for any help.

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I'm retired now (so my be out of date) but aren't there 'Entry Level' qualifications for pupils such as this who can't access GCSE level?

3. eva1789

eva1789 New commenter

Thank you FW for your comment - this is not an option, although it is commonsense.

4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

5. eva1789

eva1789 New commenter

Thank You again FW. I will!