1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Controlled assessment vs. PPA/NQT time

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by tmahmoud, Dec 12, 2011.

1. This week I am running controlled oral assessments with my French class. It will take me 7 non-teaching periods for the 1 class I have in Y11. Now, I realise that the A in PPA stands for assessment but I am wondering whether this is actually an acceptable use of my PPA/NQT time according to the Nat P&C. Any comments?

2. This week I am running controlled oral assessments with my French class. It will take me 7 non-teaching periods for the 1 class I have in Y11. Now, I realise that the A in PPA stands for assessment but I am wondering whether this is actually an acceptable use of my PPA/NQT time according to the Nat P&C. Any comments?

3. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

To me, it means "marking" and nothing else, which you cannot do effectively if you are supervising pupils at the same time, as your concentration should be on the work you are marking. Running controlled oral assessments is not marking.